Thursday, April 10, 2014

30 hour famine

Hi everyone!

So I'm doing this thing called World Visions 30 hour famine.  I will be fasting for 30 hours and sleeping outside in boxes.  The reason we are doing this is to feel what it is like to be in poverty, and although I will probably never know for real what it feels like this will give me an idea.  In Addison to fasting I'm also raising funds for people in poverty.  It's hard to believe that $1.25 will feed and care for a kid for a hole day.  Just think of how much you would spend to buy lunch at a resterunt, even if it is just fast food.  That is usually at least twice as much as the need for a day.

So I'm going to challenge you to fast and pray for these people in poverty with me.  If you are willing to take the challenge than the date I am doing it is April 18, if you can't do it then you can always do it another day.  I will be starting at 9Am again if you can't start then than start when you can.  Also, get your friends to do it with you Even camp out in boxes if you want.  Just remember to pray for those people around the world in poverty.  And I would love to know if you are going to do the 30 hour famine, and let me know how it went for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment