Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Trees

Hi everyone.  I am going to participate in a science fair and my topic is Trees.  I thought you might like to know some things Like how old and were the oldest tree is located.


The oldest Tree in the World is named Methuselah. Methuselah is a Great Basin Bristlecone Pine (Pinus longaeva) tree growing high in the White Mountains of Inyo County in eastern California. Its measured age of 4,843 years makes it the world's oldest known living non-clonal organism. The ancient tree is named after Methuselah, a Biblical figure having the longest mentioned lifespan in the Bible of 969 years.
File:Methuselah Walk USA Ca.jpg
                                    The Tree is still living though it looks dead.

There was an older tree there named Prometheus that was located near  Methuselah.  but it was 
cut down in 1964, by Donald Rusk Currey wile trying to find out how old it was.  


                                    This is the cut stump of Prometheus

3 comments:

  1. I read about Methuselah in my science book today! Great work!

    Nutmeg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I had a mix-up about the giveaway:/ Sorry you didn't get an email back from me or the giveaway sponsor. I asked her to email you ASAP, so you should be getting something from her soon. And, my blog will be opening back up soon!

    ReplyDelete